Monday, June 7, 2010

Design Wall Monday-June 7th

I started this Tulip Applique' quilt back in late December and I work on it every now and again when I don't have any other hand work to do. I finally have enough of them done to have something to show! The pattern is from Fons and Porter Love of Quilting Magazine-Jan/Feb 2010 issue. I fused the appliques on the fabric, then do a buttonhole stitch around each one with embroidery floss. That's about as complicated as my form of applique gets! I hate turning under edges!LOL!



I also about finished Round 5 of my YTRR. I have a couple more strips to sew on, then I will start the last round. It is now 70" square, so I probably will add another 15-20" to it, to make a nice sized quilt to go on a water bed. I'm not going to try to sell this one! I'd have to ask too much for it!



I have the cutest little quilt top that was in with that fabric I was given awhile ago. The outer border and the backing has a flying pig print that is sssooo cute! I'm going to finish it and give it to Quilts for Kids. I also have a kit from Q4K that has been patiently waiting attention for awhile-couple months I think! So those both are on my list for this week.




Hope everyone's week is great! And thanks for the nice comments from my last post. I said I love my fabric for the new BOM, and some of the nice comments agree.

God bless

Mary

2 comments:

julieQ said...

Your applique tulips is just wonderful! I really love the colors you have chosen.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

tulips are fabulous!
glen