Thursday, April 1, 2010

Answer to Helen's comment

I have done several paper pieced Mariner's Compass. I don't think I would want to try it without paper piecing! They require such precise piecing that I know I couldn't doit the traditional way! I did do one many years ago with traditional templates and hand pieced it. As you can see, I only said I did ONE! I had another one cut out, but it lay buried for many years under other things. Yes, for me paper piecing is the way to go! I have 3.5 blocks done now, I'll post another photo soon, when I get more blocks done.

I have appreciated all the well wishes on my new job. I have worked two nights at it, and yes, it is hectic, and I love it so far! The manager said ACU is a dynamic unit...now I know what she means!There is so much to learn, and things move at a fast pace. I learned last night that when someone is on a cardizem drip-vital signs-esp blood pressure and heart rate are, well, vital! The VS must be watched very carefully-the heart rate or blood pressure could drop suddnely! My peceptor Jana is sssooo awesome! I've learned alot from her already! I also am taking some classes for three days next week-Essentials of rhythm strips, and Basics of Advanced care. That will be great learning opportunites too!

God bless
Mary

2 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

Thanks for the clarification. Can't wait to see the blocks you've done so far :)

julieQ said...

Yep, watch your heart rate on the Cardizem drips...they can drop in a hurry!!