Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day shift

I must admit, I found day shift to be a challenge. I have a renewed respect for what nurses do on days. I found it very challenging to make sure all the meds were given on time, and other patient needs met. The nurse I worked with-Nancy- is a real gem. We had four patients at the beginning of the shift, then an admit and a discharge. It is amazing even with the aide's help and a resource RN to help with admitting and discharge how busy one stays! And Nancy said she would normally have that whole group herself! It was a great experience and I learned alot. That was the main goal for today, and at the end of the day, I can say goal met! I think the rest of the day is going to be watching American Idol and stitching bindings. Easy stuff!
Tomorrow is a class day!

God bless
Mary

1 comment:

julieQ said...

Fun and busy, isn't it? I used to work on a similar unit...a challenge for sure.