Monday, August 9, 2010

Design Wall Monday-8/9

I missed two DWM's! I can't believe I did that! This is an important part of my week!
But anyway, I have lots of photos to share.
I started making Rose blocks for the Block Lotto, and have made 25 of them so far, so I have enough for a quilt. I have not decided if I'm going to enter some in the Lotto or not! They are fun and wonky and addictive to make. If you want guidelines to make them and to learn more about Block Lotto, you can find it here

Here are some other things I have been working on the last two weeks:

I have been making fabric postcards for the WSQ quilt show coming up in October. I also exchanged some with a couple ladies from the yahoo group Liberated Quilters. And I have one on my etsy website to sell. These are fun to make and exchange too!


I made the August BOM from the Carol Doak group this week-I love how these are turning out!


And I finished the two tops I blogged about several weeks ago.



Now, all I need to do is get some things quilted! I will quilt at least one quilt today!!!

Hope your week is great!!!
God bless,
Mary

8 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Welcome back Mary! Love all you've show here today! Your tops turned out great.

Mary K said...

You work looks great. It is so hard to send in Lotto blocks when they are real cool. I used to make one for me for every one I sent in. Your roses are super.
Glad you are back again. Missed read your posts.

Diane said...

you've been busy. love the roses, the star block-it's all good! have fun quilting-my favorite part!

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness...you have really accomplished a lot!
You are tempting me to try those flower blocks!

Charlene S said...

I can totally understand being hesitant about those lotto blocks. They are nice.

Barbara said...

Your rose blocks are so pretty.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Roses are growing! So nice.

glen

Helen in the UK said...

Oh - you've been busy!! All great, but particularly like the finished Bricks & SStones - the red inner border really gives it cohesion :)