Monday, August 23, 2010

DWM-8/23/2010

Wow! When I did my photos this week, I was amazed at all I got done this week! A little here and a little there adds up.
I had three finishes, the first of which is my little pink and yellow strings quilt. I have not finished a string quilt is a long time! This will go to the Mountain of Quilts at the WSQ show this year.



The next two are for Quilts for Kids. I have had the kit for the Dogfighters quilt since spring! It's about time I got it done and sent!




I blogged about the Raggey Ann and Andy BOM awhile ago. I have two of the blocks in various stages of completion. I am saving them to work on during our upcoming vacation, but I couldn't resist doing some of the red work now! I did mix up 2 of the designs in the block on the right, so I had to adapt it a little! I also am doing a pieced sashing or maybe make more pieced blocks, and leaving off the black sashing.



This is a cute design I found and decided to use as a hand applique' project during vacation. These cupcakes are so cute! I think I'll put a button on top of each cupcake, and then try my hand at free pieced letters to finish it off.



My L&E project is crumb blocks. I have 57 of them made. I plan to stop at 80 of them. They are 6.5" blocks, and I'll put sashing between them when I put them together. Black or red sashing-I'm not sure yet!



And last but not least, my scrappy star top is all sewn together. I am just going to put a simple border on it and call it good!



Well, that's my DWM! Hope your week was productive too!
I also have sold six quilts in the last two weeks! I'm so amazed at the results of doing all those treasuries on etsy! That reminds me, I have not done one in awhile! A quilter's work is never done-Thank God!!!

God bless'
Mary

14 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow Mary! That's a lot going on in your sewing room! My favorite is the scrappy stars!

Judy D in WA said...

Wow Mary, you have been super busy! Isn't it amazing how much you can get done in just a few minutes!! I love the pink and yellow quilt~~it's very happy! :0)

Charlene S said...

A penny here and a penny there sure adds up quickly to $5.00. You got at least that much done this week. Lots of bright quilts!

Kathie said...

boy you are the sewing queen. Love all the quilts, I especially like the sting quilt. Have not made one in awhile but I need to.

Cherie in St Louis said...

I love, love, love the pink and yellow string quilt!

Mary Johnson said...

Love the stars! Very scrappy just what I like.

VickiW finished a crumb top and posted some instructions on her site for the setting that you might want to check out.

Here's the top
http://vickiwelsh.typepad.com/field_trips_in_fiber/2010/08/one-more-ready-to-quilt.html

Here's the tutorial
http://vickiwelsh.typepad.com/field_trips_in_fiber/2010/08/instructions-for-the-navy-scrap-quilt.html

Nina Marie said...

wowowow!! Productive!!! Can you send a little my way?!?!?!

Pattilou said...

You have accomplished so much! Love the Heartstrings quilt. I've been making some blocks too. I really do like the combination you've used and the placement of the blocks is great!

Helen in the UK said...

My goodness, you HAVE been busy!! Love them all, esp the heartstrings and the stars. Congrats on your quilt sales :)

Julie Kaye from KS said...

That scrappy star quilt is fantastic. And I just love that pink and yellow. Wow.

The Twilight Quilters Coven said...

I'm really partial to the cupcakes!

Way to go on your productive week...

Vicki H. said...

Nice, I love your stars too. They are all very cool but the scrappy one is my fav. Wow six quilts sold, congratulations. I haven't figured out how to be successful on etsy. I have several quilts that are up for sale and I am trying a black Friday craft sale too.

julieQ said...

You have gotten so much accomplished! I love your string creations!

Sheila said...

You are one busy woman! I love the string quilt colors, and the star quilt is fantastic.