Thursday, May 7, 2009

Up date on things

I have finished several quilts since I last posted. The Trip Around the World (TATW) is finally on the frame, the thread is set up, but no stiches taken yet. I finished the Churn Dash in teal-hated the quilting-so I'm not going to post a picture of it yet. It is going to be on my bed, not for giving or sale. I finished and gave a Happy quilt to Nina, a nurse at work.
I have sent in a block for the Carol Doak group May block lottery. I hope to win some blocks some time, we'll see! I still have one more postcard to make, then send them for the postcard swap. Still working on my Bahama Breezes blocks...I think I need to call this quilt Golden Breezes or Hot Winds-the colors are Orange and Lime green, not really what I imagine a Bahama Breeze would be like...the original quilt in the magazine is yellow and green and teal-much cooler looking.
Looking forward to the sew-in in Seattle-still a month and a half away. I think I need to continue sorting my scraps and stripes and put some in a box for the trip. Never hurts to get ready early! LOL. I get so excited about going somewhere!
I'll make a goal list later, right now, I need to get back to work!

God bless-Mary

No comments: