Sunday, April 19, 2009

5 Quilts!

I had this weekend off, and had the time and energy to quilt several quilts. Five to be exact! Yesterday, I was on a roll thet would not stop. three of them were smaller that 36" square, so they are small, but still...they are quilted. Four of them are bound, and the Plant a seed one is still waiting. I'll post pix asap. To update my list:

1. New quilt on the frame-two Churndash variation quilts. I liked the pattern from...I think it was from The Quilter Magazine...so I made two in different colorways. I loaded the teal one today, and will try to get going on the quilting tomorrow. I also want to quilt a small wallhanging that I made from batiks and marbled fabrics bought at the quilt show last year, and I used blocks from Jacque designs-she has a shop on etsy.com. She does the most amazing pictorial hand dyed designs. I bought some a long time ago, and finally decided to do something with them. I made a attice windows type setting with the pictures and the batiks/marbled fabrics. I am a little scared to quilt it, as I don't want to ruin it!

2. No progress made on the scrap stash being cut into usable sizes, so time to work on that!

3. I signed up to make postcards to exchange with the Carol Doak Group, so will play with those soon.

4. I need to post some new items on etsy. Have several, just need pix and time to get them posted!

5. Niece's b-day coming up...need to make a gift. I think a fabric purse or tote bag would be perfect.

6.I still am working on the TATW quilt. still piecing it bit by bit. I also am making a pp quilt from Quiltmaker magazine. I slowly coming along on it too. I have some nautical fabrics left from the tote bag I made, so will make a small quilt top out of that.

Okay, the list is not really complete, but there is enough for the rest of this month and into the next!

God Bless You All!

Mary H

No comments: