Monday, January 2, 2012

Orca Bay Finale'!!!

TADA!!! Well, not quite! LOL! I am still making the flying geese units and haven't even started the border units! But, yesterday, I could not resist starting to lay it out! This is really a great pattern!I love the interlocking block look. The play between light in dark and the angles is fabulous! Thank you Bonnie Hunter for another masterpiece!



Oh, and as you can see, Sadie has a fairly new favorite place to nap. right on top and middle of my ironing board! If I need to iron something, I either work around her or take her off. She is NOT crazy about either option! Spoiled much?

Have a Happy and Blessed New Year!
God Bless
mary

6 comments:

Leeanne said...

cats n quilts, what a great pair...my kitties like to 'help' and give their opinion!
How are you finding your stringed flying geese? Are they very elastic?

Krista said...

I love the colours you used on this quilt. It looks fabulous!

Sue Daurio said...

Yep I did the same thing. I don't have all the other steps done, but I had to see how it was gonna look. Yours is stunning!! LOVE your colors.

Helen in the UK said...

I really like your colour scheme.
Thanks for your recent comment on my blog (about the Pinwheels quilt). I tried to reply twice, but the mail kept being returned as undeliverable :(

Jory said...

I'd say that you contributed more than half of the masterpiece: your color choices were inspired!! Your quilt leapt out at me from all of the thumbnail images of Orca Bay quilts! Congratulations: it's a winner, for sure!

As for cats and ironing boards, I know: weird, isn't it?? I think they like being able to see everything and feeling safe from unwanted feet, (dog, in my house), drafts, etc.
Jory

Sandra Kaye said...

Wonderful Job!!! You are doing great !! Hugs