Wednesday, July 20, 2011

What I am Working On

My etsy shop has been dormant for a long time, but I recieved a great order from a friend at work who wanted a quilt for her adult daughter. The only guidelines were that it have her name on it, have a monkey or monkeys on it, and be full sized. At first I thought I would do a pieced design with a monkey fabric as the focus, but found it is hard to find an adult monkey fabric. All I found were juvenile prints. I asked a couple of the yahoo groups I belong to for help. I got all kinds of great sites, so thanks to those who reserched that for me! Meanwhile, I started looking at monkey clip art and found some possible patterns to use for an applique center panel. From there, Rachel's Monkey Quilt kind of developed itself! Here is the block layout and a photo of the center panel. I am working on sewing it all together now and hope to have it quilted by mid August.


1 comment:

Helen in the UK said...

What a great job you've done! This theme would have had me stumped, so congrats to you for rising to the challenge so successfully :)