Saturday, December 12, 2009

Computer fixed again!

Thanks to our dear friend Steve Dawson, our computer is up and running again. I have not tried to upload pictures yet, but will later. He pretty much had to wipe out all the programming and start agin from scatch. Thanks to Shara's foresite, we put alot of important things on an external harddrive. I did not know how valuable those were!
I've been working on finishing things for 2009, because I'd like to start new for 2010. I'm going to give away or take off my etsy website several things that did not sell this year. I'm not sure which new direction to go, but I think it might be fewer large quilts, some table runners, and maybe I'll think about doing some custom work. I have one commission that is almost done-the quilt is on the frame now! I have her wallhanging done, just need to label and wash it.
I'm waiting for Carol Doak to put a new monthly quilt on line. I think she was going to do one in January. I also want to do something with her 5500 member block.
Heart-strings still is a passion of mine-I put together a full set of orange centered blocks and have a box of red string blocks to send in. I also will make some blue centered ones later. The block inventory had gotten low, so we are trying to build it up again.
As for Christmas plans-that's where some of my etsy items are going!
Oh, and I gave both our nephews a quilt as they are doing very well after having gotten out of prison recently. They are both working and staying clean and out of trouble. No drugs,etc. I have stated before how much I hate meth and the devestation it creates in people's lives. These young men are a perfect example. I pray every day that they will continue to find the strength to stay clean and sober!
God bless you all and Merry Christmas!

Love
Mary

No comments: