Monday, April 7, 2008

April Already!!!

I had not visited my own blog for awhile, and I realized I had not posted since early March!
I have my dog/cat quilt done and quilted. I will post a pix on etsy, and here as well today or wens. I'm at work with a little down time right now.
At work, we moved our surgical unit to a different floor, so it has been very hectic lately. We have had some very sick, confused, and psychotic patients lately since the move. I don't know if it is worse than usual, or it just seems that way because we are not used to the new unit.
I do know one thing, quilting is my haven. I had to take a critical patient to ICU last week. He was intubated as soon as he got there, so if I had waited on labs to get done or another test the dr wanted, I would hve had to code him on the way down. (I'm not sure how these italics got here!) Any way, as I said, quilting is my haven-over my days off, I had that to think about instead of what I could have done different for the patient.
I'mworking on a new cat applique project, veery cute and fun. I'll have to post a work in progress picture soon. I also just finished a paper pieced birdhouse quilt that is on the frame and I hope to quilt it tomorrow or even after work today...if I have the energy! Looking forward to two more days off to work on projects!

No comments: