Friday, August 28, 2009

Wow!

It has been a month and a half since I posted! I have been diligently sewing quilt tops and finished two quilts. I also made the RWB blocks for the Carol Doak site swap and got them sent off. I just don't have pictures to show!
The end of July was very sad. We lost our dear Dad, Boyd Ressel. He was 87 years old and had been suffering from increasing dementia for around 6 years, but declined rapidly after falling at the nursing home. Falls are often the things that cause elders to decline, and this was no exception. We will miss him greatly, but he is no longer suffering. He would not want to live that way any longer. I know he is with God, conducting meetings with the angels!
I must admit, my quilting was a haven of rest during that time, as it often is when I have stress in my life. I brought my commission quilt blocks to work on when we went to Mom's house. We drove back and forth nearly every day that week. I also finished my RWB blocks and sent them in. I'm glad for quilting, as I can think about all the memories of my Dad and family, and have quilting to comfort me too.
I will post some pictures soon, I just need to photograph some things! I took Bailey down to the sewing machine doctor this week, now she is humming like a new machine again! Should have some more finished quilts ready and new stuff for etsy too reaaly soon!

God bless you all-remember to cherish your loved ones. We all are limited in out time here!

Mary

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I am sorry to hear that - big hugs to you.

Annmarie said...

Mary - sorry to hear about your Dad - may your memories bring you peace. I came to your blog via the Carol Doak Yahoo site to look at your quilts. You do great work & for such worthy causes. I especially like the batik wall hanging & the asian quilt. Thanks for sharing.